New England Actors Network
|Posted on May 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM||comments (1)|
Someone told me that I really need to accept that I am liviing here.
I hae been referring to Boston as "Home".
and do so just slipped into conversation.
It is a win-win situation to really think of LA as my home.
1) I can focus on the place and peole at hand,
rather than pining for Boston.
2) This frees me up, and I can let LA sink into my being a little bit.
3) Pining for Boston does no good, it is just leaked energy.
4) Being in LA and focusing on it, brings me more in the present.
5) When I do visit boston, i can bring all the more of california with me
6) It is a more realistic and positive way to exist.
7) It is in line with being an actor, take in all that is around you, and connect to it.
|Posted on May 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM||comments (1)|
Today was very interesting.
1) My new agent, it seems has gotten a great record of getting me auditions.
he has got me out once per week, for National spots.
Now, yes, some folks get our 5 times per day.
but compared to the rep I had before this is huge progress.
2) At today's auditions, like so many before, there is at least one moment for the "reaction shot". This is SO huge. Today, I did a great job at rolling my eyes amd making a face when the mother in law in the spot was telling me some advice that I had just been giving her and she ignored.
I practiced that look in the mirror minutes before in the green room.
It really helped. I am getting better at making READABLE, REPEATABLE, ACCURATE emotional reactions.
3) Johnny and Carl and I are shooiting submissions on tape for national auditions. The worst case, we get on camera practice. and have a good time learning, answering to eachother to get these clips done on time.
The best case we get an audition!